Thursday 3 November 2011

Better late than never.

My first post is about popping the blog cherry. There, done! I feel sixteen again.

I've become such a fan of other peoples blogs it finally had to happen. I'll be posting my opinions, observations, conversations, things that excite me, sounds you just have to hear and other audio musings. I'll also be posting rare nuggets, re-edits and other gems to download (320 kps) from the past 90 years of recorded music. The first of these (below) is my re-edit of Gloria Jones' Tainted Love. Covered by everyone from Soft Cell to Marilyn Manson, the original is a northern soul nugget that needs to be heard. No additional drums or synths, just a good old fashioned 'razor and tape' edit to extend the goodness. 

I've also been working on foley and sound design since late 2009 and they are the most incredibly interesting fields with they're own hero's, villains, fans and fantasists. So, along with all my other baggage, I'll be ranting about that too.

So cherry popped, now I'm going to think of thoughts worth saying.

And sounds worth playing....


No comments:

Post a Comment